Art has competed in, and coached for, every running distance from 100 meters to 100 miles. His love of running is matched only by his love of helping other runners surpass their personal goals. His holistic, comprehensive approach to running creates positive, lasting changes in his clients’ biomechanics, physical capabilities, and mental attitudes.
Art is passionate about combining running science, training theory, and practical experience with the global history, philosophy and spirituality of running. He is at his best when drawing from all of those worlds and putting them directly into practice; he can make an otherwise complicated analysis clear, direct, and immediately understandable. The effect it has in boosting a runner’s confidence can be dramatic.
His “3-pillar” approach (1. Great Running Form – 2. Sound Training Principles – 3. Enhanced Lifestyle Support) looks at everything involved with successful distance running through a wide-angle lens. This perspective, combined with his love for undertaking great physical challenges, helps people take giant steps toward achieving the results they really want — and connecting them with other people who share a love for both nature and sport.
Art’s Competitive Fitness Extends From 5K – 100 miles
• 2nd Place 60-69 age group, Steamboat Stinger Trail 1/2 Marathon 2016
• 1st Place 60-69 age group, Boulder Mountain 10 Mile Ascent 2016
• 1st Place 55-59 age group, Mount Taylor 50K, Grant’s NM 2013
• 1st Place, 55-59 age group, Santa Barbara International Marathon 2011
• 3 Leadville 100 Mile Silver Buckles (sub-25 hour), Leadville, Colorado 1999-2000-2001
• Masters Champion (5th Place overall), Leadville Trail 100 2001
• Top 50 finisher, Western States 100 Mile, Squaw Valley to Auburn, California 2001
• 5th Place Elk Horn Mountain 100K, Helena, Montana 1998
• Texas Trail 50K, Huntsville, Texas 1996
• Mountain Mist 50K, Huntsville, Alabama 1997
• 1st Place 50-59 age group, Dick’s Flat-Out 5K, 2008
• 3rd Place 50-59 age group, Bolder Boulder, 2008